Our hostel is well equipped to receive groups of up to 80 people during the summer season and up to 60 people during winter season.
We are very flexible and always do our best to accommodate our guests needs, which is one of the reasons we have groups coming back to us year after year.
In Lava hostel we have a variety of dorms and rooms along with dining area and guest kitchen. We also have a large assembly hall that can be rented out for accommodation for larger groups (up to 50 people) or for meeting and assemblies.
Breakfast and lunch packages can be provided at the extra charge for groups (if booked in advance).
The Hostel is operated by the scouts of Hafnarfjörður and all the profits goes towards supporting the scouts.
The Hostel is open from the 18th of june until the 15th of september after that it is only open for groups of 10 or more people, booked 2 weeks in advance.
- Twin rooms with 2 beds
- Family room with a queen bed and a bunk bed
- 4, 6 and 8 bed dorm rooms with bunk beds
- Large assembly hall with mattresses for larger groups
- Bed linens included
- Bathrooms with showers and toilets
- Communal kitchen and dining area
- Charcoal grill and campfire
- Washing machine and dryer
- Sun deck
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Non-smoking hostel
- No alcohol allowed on the premises
- Leave valuables at your own risk, all rooms are locked.
- Over the winter months the hostel is only available for group bookings of 10 or more people, booked 2 weeks in advance
- All theft is reported to the police.
- You must pay for all the damages that you cause to our property.
- 7 day cancellation.
- Baby crib available upon request.
- Breakfast and lunch packages for groups can be provide at an extra charge if booked in advance.
- A large assembly hall can be rented out for meetings and festivities.